Policy • Campaign • Research • Communication • Advocacy
Extensively experienced and goal-oriented international development worker with over 10 years experience in HIV, LGBT and Human Rights advocacy, research, communication and policy. Talented leader and team player who aims to support achieving overall corporate goals and objectives in Human Rights, Gender and Sexuality research and Policy development. Seeking a challenging senior management position with focus on Human rights, LGBT rights or/and HIV treatment and Advocacy.
Humboldt University of Berlin
Lecturer: Pre and Post Colonial Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in Africa
Bisi Alimi Foundation
Rainbow Intersection, London, 2013- Present
Co- Founder and Director
Started Rainbow Intersection in 2013 along side The Quest for Gay men as a response to starting a conversation on the issue of Race, Sexuality, Gender and Religion in Britain. The project has organised two events and won an award for its first event.
Freie Universitat, Berlin, Germany, 2014 – 2015
Lecturer “Pre and Post Colonial Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in Africa”
Four months sabbatical. Giving lecture to 35 students across academic levels at the department of political science with focus on Africa.
Bisi Alimi Consultancy, London. 2012 – Present
Bisi Alimi Consultancy was established in 2012 as a consultancy firm supporting the work of NGO based in European and working in the area of sexual health and sexual rights of African Migrants. Our mission is to raise awareness of challenging issues being faced by LGBT people in Africa and LGBT migrants in Europe
Kaleidoscope Diversity Trust, London, 2011 – 2013
Director- Africa/ Founding member
Brief intro of Kaleidoscope
• Led on Kaleidoscope Diversity Trust work in Africa • Identified partners and developed projects and programs • Monitored the development of events in regards to sexual orientation and gender identity • Developed Parliamentarian briefings and updates on sexual orientation and gender identity issues in Africa • Developed projects with partner countries and work on delivery of such projects • Fundraised, managed funds and developed grants strategy and for Think Again project. (Kaleidoscope flagship project) • Main spokesperson for Kaleidoscope Trust
I-Base, London, Aug 2011- February 2012
HIV Treatment Activism training
• Providing evidence based web and telephone information • Wrote non-technical summary of clinical and non-clinical research and trials • Contributed to all i-Base journals • Conducted trainings and workshops.
Naz Project London, 2007-2011
Project Coordinator, African MSM Sexual Health Worker/ Beyond Consultation
• Provided information on sexual health issues and promotes sexual health prevention messages to African MSM in East London. • Interacted, liaised and networked with third sectors and other organizations such as Department of Health, NHS Trust and the European Union. The House of Parliament and local and international NGOs to create and raise awareness around sexual health issues faced by African MSM. • Conducted training and workshops for service users and service providers, including the Department of Health, on African MSM. • Lobbied for the removal of ban of secondary care for undocumented migrants. • Conducted seminars, conference, training and research. • Provided information on treatment and treatments options based on the UK HIV treatment guideline as developed by BHIVA. •Signposted service users to GUM clinics and organizations that provide information on treatment, access to treatment and treatment options.
The Independent Project for Equal Rights 2004- 2007
•Managed the organisation and sought funding and partnerships, developed programs and activities. •Represented the community in government policy planning, and manage a staff of six.
Bachelor of Arts, Theatre Arts (2004) University of Lagos – Lagos, Nigeria
Master of Science, Global Governance and Public Policy Birkbeck College, University of London, UK
- Listed at number 94 on the Independent on Sunday 101 list of most Influential LGBT in the UK 2013.
- Nominated for Out in the City Diversity Champion of the Year 2013
- Nominated for National Diversity Awards as Positive Role Model Award – LGBT.
- Special Adviser to the World on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Aspen Institute Fellow
- Listed on the Guardian/Square Peg Media World Pride Power List 2014